Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hello Cruel World

Hello there and welcome to my mind.  It really isn't all that interesting.

Maybe the best way to begin is to tell you all about little old me.  Well... here goes then.  
Hi!  I'm Megan Doe.  I'm 31 and there are 3 generations of Doe women living in this house, Me, my Mother, and my Grandmother.  It's kind of neat most of the time.  I get to hear all kinds of cool stories about my family and about life when my G was a kid.  It's kind of like living with a time capsule. 

I'm a companion for my G.  Which means I spend all day hanging out with her and cooking and cleaning, and to be honest, I never expected to be in this situation.  I was happily living in New Orleans.  But G is old and she needs someone with her.  So I came back to the south suburbs of Chicago.  I'm adjusting.  It's just taking time. 

Enough of all that mess.  More about Me.  I guess I can part with some random facts. 

I write, but I am not so vain to attempt to claim I am a writer.  I love words and language, but I haven't finished anything that would make me a writer.  A poet though, I will make that claim.  I can finish poetry, and letters,  man do I love letter writing.  I don't send them very often, but I do write them, mostly because it's easier than just spouting off bullshit in an email.  More personal and more real.

I love music.  I mean it, I really really love music.  Tom Waits is a genius. He's one of my favourites, and usually doesn't leave my play lists.  Every week when I sit down and make my week of music list, there is always a Waits track.  And I do, make a play list every week.  I used to make a mix tape, but alas, I can't find tapes and I don't have a cassette player any more. 

I love Poetry and Comic books.  I have a love/hate relationship with social networking.  I love diners, you know the weird ones that are in the middle of nowhere but have the best food ever.  I want to go to as many odd roadside attractions as possible.  I believe in voodoo, so much so that I actually practice.  I love churches, the ritual and the beauty that they house, the faith in that kind of idea is what doesn't work for me.

I can do things like read tarot cards, cleanse the energy of a house, build an altar, make a damn good pot of coffee, drink whiskey like it's water, smoke like a 1930's starlet,  and smile like I mean it.

I like pop culture, I am kind of a geek.  I don't mind it.  I will probably talk at length at some point about all the shit I like as far as that whole thing goes, at some point.  But for right now, I'm just trying to let you get a feel for who you will be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment