Sunday, July 10, 2011

Facebook Vs. Google+

 I hate Facebook.  I have one, like almost everyone else on the planet at this point, but I fucking hate it.  I think it is the most annoying thing on the planet.  The set up is confusing and I don't want to fucking play the truth game or some other odd thing that they come up with to keep you on there for hours and hours on end.  I just want to stalk my friends, maybe chat, and give silly status updates, that usually revolve around song lyrics or movie quotes.  I don't really feel the need to play a game.  I have more fun doing nothing. So when yesterday a few friends had posted that they were giving away Google+ invites, I was all in.  Mostly, because I want nothing more than to delete my Facebook.

Why thank you for asking why I haven't just done away with it already... Mostly, because I have found some people on there that I haven't spoken to in Y E A R S and don't want them lost in the busyness of my nonexistent life again.  Also, I have to pull all my damn pictures from the site. And that takes time.

Back to the story though, I got my invite to Google+ earlier today.  So, I set up the whole thing and it took about 20 minutes.  I love it.  It's sleek and simple and beautiful and functional.  And not full of annoying things like people asking me to join the mafia or start a farm or to play the truth game.  I just want to look at shit and talk to my friends.  Needless to say, Google+ lets me do just that, points just for that.  Plus, it lets me connect twitter, lastfm, and this wonderful blog right here to the page.  Therefore, the score is currently Google+ :3  Facebook :0

See you on my next rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment